Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cornmeal Muffins

I love cornmeal muffins. Always have. Always will. They are a staple in our home. I always used to use a recipe that my mother gave me but once I used the recipe off the package of cornmeal (Purity brand) and now that is my favourite recipe. So easy. So yummy.


3/4 cup Cornmeal
1 ¼ cups milk
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Combine cornmeal and milk and leave to sit for 10 minutes. (If it sits longer than that it's no problem. I've left my sitting for hours when I've gotten busy with no ill effect).

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.

Add egg and oil to cornmeal mixture. Mix well. Add to dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Grease (or spray) muffins tins. Makes 12 muffins. Bake @ 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment